Movies/TV that rocked your world and enriched your life?

I am starting a discussion right here centered around the medium of movies!

Please share here in this thread the films that really rocked you to your core or shifted your perception. I am not talking about the guilty pleasure movies that are fun to watch and kinda empty!  I am talking about the deep, the philosophical, the gorgeous, caused you to think, moved you to tears, I hesitate to use this buzzword but okay the spiritual food that nourished you?

Maybe it was a mind bender? Maybe it helped you understand some deep stuff about TRUTH? 

Maybe it flipped your polarity or caused you to discover something new- a life path etc?

It could be any genre- it just has to have impact!

Movies and books are wonderful mediums for understanding and higher understanding.

Also, I am really just looking for great stories to watch! 

My latest list:

Mr. Nobody WOW! WOW! WOW!                    

The Tall Man (really good twists and turns, suspenseful- leaves you questioning dualistic meaning)

The Lego Movie. No joke amazing.   SO many many levels of understanding in this one                   

Triangle ( mind bender) - the one with Melissa George

The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain - (shows the beauty of people pulling together)

I've Heard the Mermaids Singing - (about living truth and the pointlessness of judgment)

Kumare- transcendent - yanks the masks off of the many many gurus out there

War Dance- Really good documentary. Beautifully done. 

Oblivion (watched it a bunch) Service to others anyone? And a beautiful depiction of engineered reality.

These destroyed me in the best possible way:

Never Let Me Go- (attachment, humanity, mortality

The Bridges of Madison County ( I really thought it was some chick flick and it is but it left me crying for an hour with its power!

The Best Offer - mysterious, intriguing, powerful, surprising

Another Earth - The emotional impact was exceptional and left me breathless in every way. 

Ready set go! Be sure to include spoiler warnings if you are gonna go there. Also please talk about why/how this film did what it did but consider someone might want to watch it first! Thank you. 

Views: 1804

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOVE - sa-weet sci-fi open to interpretation.  Great music as well. (streaming on Netflix btw)

http://youtu.be/YiYmAixzpMg

LAST OF THE MOHICANS - I never tire of this historical modern classic

SUNSHINE - another great sci-fi, also open to interpretation ( Icarus I ).  Plus partial music by the AMAZING electronic band Underworld.  Check out the song "To Heal"  

http://youtu.be/YZ2-xR54UDU

I'll have to see Interstellar, hear nothing but good things.  I wonder if director Christopher Nolan practices Alchemy?

and yeah Vanilla Sky is cool as well.

TV shows:

THE WONDER YEARS - I grew up on this show about growing up :)

THE WEST WING - wonderful intelligent fast dialogue.  Learn as you watch.  Funny at times as well.

NOVA on PBS - long running and still awesome

Tom, I STRONGLY recommend you take in Interstellar while it's still in IMAX. I've seen it three times. It's very powerful. Sunshine was a bit of a surprise for me, if we're talking about the same one. 

Tom Roche said:

LOVE - sa-weet sci-fi open to interpretation.  Great music as well. (streaming on Netflix btw)

http://youtu.be/YiYmAixzpMg

LAST OF THE MOHICANS - I never tire of this historical modern classic

SUNSHINE - another great sci-fi, also open to interpretation ( Icarus I ).  Plus partial music by the AMAZING electronic band Underworld.  Check out the song "To Heal"  

http://youtu.be/YZ2-xR54UDU

I'll have to see Interstellar, hear nothing but good things.  I wonder if director Christopher Nolan practices Alchemy?

and yeah Vanilla Sky is cool as well.

TV shows:

THE WONDER YEARS - I grew up on this show about growing up :)

THE WEST WING - wonderful intelligent fast dialogue.  Learn as you watch.  Funny at times as well.

NOVA on PBS - long running and still awesome

Cool I'll have to plan on catching Interstellar at IMAX this coming weekend (perhaps dose up on a little alchemy before hand).  I could definitely use a thought provoking and inspiring movie right now (main reason I love movies so much).  

I'm surprised at how few people have heard of or seen Sunshine.  I like the Earthroom that is prescribed here http://youtu.be/21sBDkk7M2c

I also found it interesting that the ships doctor, Searle, becomes obsessed with the Sun (and staring at it, almost like sungazing)

*Spoiler alert below*

There's some theories that the fire/sun being on the Icarus I ship is actually the same person as Robert Capa (actor Cillian Murphy) from the Icarus II ship.  There's other theories as well.  I think director Danny Boyle has been tight-lipped about it which is cool.

Also, totally off topic (sort of).  I just saw a preview for a 3 part series on the SyFy channel called Ascension that looks interesting (sadly most shows on the SyFy channel are not very good AT BEST so we'll see)

Jason Davis said:

Tom, I STRONGLY recommend you take in Interstellar while it's still in IMAX. I've seen it three times. It's very powerful. Sunshine was a bit of a surprise for me, if we're talking about the same one. 

Yes I think we are talking the same movie-Sunchine turned out to be waaay cool- I love how it gave me some perspective on how awesome and massive our beloved star truly is...

I love I'VE HEARD THE MERMAIDS SINGING.  Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen that but yah, definitely made an impact.

Another great one that Landon turned me on to recently was

PINK FLOYD LIVE AT POMPEII.  So good on so many levels.  The level of creativity these guys operate on is so moving.

CONTINUUM, the TV series, gives some interesting mind openers on moving around the timeline. really enjoyed it.

Yup - Fearless was the 'closest' to my own life - even at the time of filming it.

Short explanation: I had only recently finished up a few years in the Bering Sea, king crab fishing. In the few years I lived in Dutch Harbor, I had lost 40 friends to the fishery, and got washed over, at night, in January, and against every odd imaginable, 'Mother Nature' saved me from the inevitable transmutation into fish food right then and there - 34 degree water, it's pretty much assured that they won't get to you before the deep sleep of hypothermia kicks in and down you go. Wasn't meant to be, right?I felt as if I wasn't worthy, and I was on 'borrowed time' after that incident. The invincibility effect, of surviving what thousands before me had not, also affected me like the protagonist's story in Fearless.

So, as 'fate' would have it, what I had told my Mother 24 years earlier - that one day I'd work in 'Hollywood' (at the age of 4 I said this) - here I am, from deck hand to stage hand, and I wind up on the set of fearless - watching Jeff Bridges character deal with the same conundrum that I was having returning from 'death' myself, just a year earlier. I was permeated with the 'why me' syndrome - "why did "I" survive? It gets a hold of you and doesn't let go.

Unlike Jeff's character, I already was a little 'out of my mind' way before I even wound up in the Bering Sea, working at the alleged, "world's most dangerous profession" - so I just kept thinking, and still do occasionally, that 'the plan' was for me to stick around, because I had been 'baptized' (initiated) into a higher level of service after that - that's all.

I mean, let's face it, in Hollywood, I was a Craft "Service" guy - and the fact that I wound up eventually meeting up with you at zp about a decade later, is proof enough for me, that I was supposed to survive all my brushes with death over the years and over time, 'event'ually, graduate to the level of service I am at now.

Meeting up with Ramona, and later You, the two most influential Souls in the elevation and expansion of my consciousness awareness, was my reward for dedicating my Soul's purpose to Service.

Much Love and Many Blessings, Magus.

Jason Davis said:

On your list, if it was the Fearless with Jeff Bridges, that movie came along and showed me something I needed to see and understand. It's almost like fearlessness becomes selflessness.

Zareth Shahara said:

As you know Jason and Mary, I worked on feature films for about a decade.

Way cool Zareth

I really appreciate this list and the impact these movies are having for us!

Last night I had a dream about "love"....in the dream I understood what it "really" is....a merging happened.  I understood soooo much.  Today.....that understanding is there but more thin....faded.

I'm watching " City of Angels" right now for the zillion's time.  I am truly blown away...seeing that which was always there but somehow blind.  

Many, many thanks to those in the movie industry and all their helpers! 

Thanks. It was an interesting time. Now, I look back and can see more clearly how the themes of the films I worked on were so causally unconnected, but synchronistic with the circumstances of my life. And how, at 4 years of age, I already knew, as I pointed to that iconic landmark "HOLLYWOOD" sign on the TV, and told my Mother, "I'm going to work there." Life's mysteries. I love not knowing that I already 'know' how this thing called 'life' is going to turn out, yet unaware of how it will unfold.

Molly Helene said:

Way cool Zareth

have you ever felt human?

http://youtu.be/e9oa93BrNuw

no, but I often feel like a machine. ;D

Indeed!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

Testimonials and Results of the alchemy

Started by Street Poet in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by Marsha Gifford on Thursday. 420 Replies

We want to hear your experiences with the alchemy! Please, post your testimonial with everyone and don't be shy!We’ve all been at the edge of that pivotal moment before delving into the wonder that…Continue

Tags: metamorphosis, testimonials, genome, density, 4th

Stuff You Might Have Missed

Started by Street Poet in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by Street Poet Feb 15. 44 Replies

Because new people show up all the time, and email glitches happen, and well, communication no matter how thorough one might attempt to be, someone always misses the memo. Myself included.And we're…Continue

Movies/TV that rocked your world and enriched your life?

Started by Mary Betts in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by Calvin Feb 11. 105 Replies

I am starting a discussion right here centered around the medium of movies!Please share here in this thread the films that really rocked you to your core or shifted your perception. I am not talking…Continue

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2018   Created by JD Aliix.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service