Movies/TV that rocked your world and enriched your life?

I am starting a discussion right here centered around the medium of movies!

Please share here in this thread the films that really rocked you to your core or shifted your perception. I am not talking about the guilty pleasure movies that are fun to watch and kinda empty!  I am talking about the deep, the philosophical, the gorgeous, caused you to think, moved you to tears, I hesitate to use this buzzword but okay the spiritual food that nourished you?

Maybe it was a mind bender? Maybe it helped you understand some deep stuff about TRUTH? 

Maybe it flipped your polarity or caused you to discover something new- a life path etc?

It could be any genre- it just has to have impact!

Movies and books are wonderful mediums for understanding and higher understanding.

Also, I am really just looking for great stories to watch! 

My latest list:

Mr. Nobody WOW! WOW! WOW!                    

The Tall Man (really good twists and turns, suspenseful- leaves you questioning dualistic meaning)

The Lego Movie. No joke amazing.   SO many many levels of understanding in this one                   

Triangle ( mind bender) - the one with Melissa George

The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain - (shows the beauty of people pulling together)

I've Heard the Mermaids Singing - (about living truth and the pointlessness of judgment)

Kumare- transcendent - yanks the masks off of the many many gurus out there

War Dance- Really good documentary. Beautifully done. 

Oblivion (watched it a bunch) Service to others anyone? And a beautiful depiction of engineered reality.

These destroyed me in the best possible way:

Never Let Me Go- (attachment, humanity, mortality

The Bridges of Madison County ( I really thought it was some chick flick and it is but it left me crying for an hour with its power!

The Best Offer - mysterious, intriguing, powerful, surprising

Another Earth - The emotional impact was exceptional and left me breathless in every way. 

Ready set go! Be sure to include spoiler warnings if you are gonna go there. Also please talk about why/how this film did what it did but consider someone might want to watch it first! Thank you. 

Views: 1946

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I absolutely loved Predestination. I think it's one you can watch a second time and get more out of it too.

Just watched the movie "Lucy" with Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freemann....awesome !!! Makes you really think what its like to be unlimited !!! Highly recommended !!!

Hey, Meirav, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was downright laughable, but then I'm a movie buff snob... ;-D

thanks for reminding me that I wanted to see this movie.

Meirav Schwartz said:

Just watched the movie "Lucy" with Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freemann....awesome !!! Makes you really think what its like to be unlimited !!! Highly recommended !!!

Many movies have given me ahha moments but the movies that affected me most was of course The Matrix series and Avatar.I went by myself 4 times to the theater to see Avatar.I named my cat Jake Sully.I still Love Love Love that movie.I tried watching Inception yesterday but I could not watch the violence.I see the value but the violence over road the layers.I have had to much violence in my life.Another movie is The Yellow Submarine that I love.

Yes Marsha, Avatar is one of a kind. Regarding the Matrix, I have to watch this whole series again. I guess I did not fully appreciate it back then.

Marsha Gifford said:

Many movies have given me ahha moments but the movies that affected me most was of course The Matrix series and Avatar.I went by myself 4 times to the theater to see Avatar.I named my cat Jake Sully.I still Love Love Love that movie.I tried watching Inception yesterday but I could not watch the violence.I see the value but the violence over road the layers.I have had to much violence in my life.Another movie is The Yellow Submarine that I love.

I've watched the matrix over and over and will do so again sometime. I love Avatar too, but the violence in that movie really gets to me to. Funny, when I watched it the second time, I only remembered the really cool stuff and it was a shock to see the violence. again.

I dinno, I liked Lucy. It had it's holes for sure, and as much as Scarlett is eye candy, she's not the always the most believable actress, but I thought the film had some merit. Didn't like the ending though.

I haven't seen predestination. Not on Netflix streaming yet.

Anyone ever see David Niven in The Brain? *giggles* Granted, I was a teenager and on something, but it left a big impression.  Think I want to see it again.

They are not movies but The Carbanaro Effect is wonderful. It is a REALLY fabulous TV show that is all about magick.  It's delightful often an example of utilizing powers for teaching purposes and whether or  not it's a trick does not matter to me because the principals are still true. I see it for a greater cause and a way to shift mind to a higher realm of operating. It's about joy and possibility and creativity.  Interestingly the people in these situations have a mini or large awakening. They are utterly dumbfounded and in THAT state of shock the ego shuts up and a larger more fertile state of mind is available for perceiving. This stuff to me is life changing and a VERY useful tool to deeper understanding awakening and SEEING how "reality" programming can be bypassed. Sometimes I think they are are just fabulous tricks and other times I think this is LEGIT sorcery. Let me know what YOU THINK? There is another magician that is worth checking out too but we'll talk about him soon. For now let's start with Michael Carbanaro. The humility and demeanor of these artists are intriguing to me too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hZLkpc0c7Q

The Red Violin Joshua Bell's masterpiece

Hello - how have you been over all these years? Call me 781-856-3522

BLADERUNNER -  because the story, characters, music and visuals are AMAZING.  ET - it just really impacted me when I was a child, so did Star Wars. Jacobs Ladder was also unforgettable somehow. I  also loved The Fifth Element, beautiful (but you must be able to enjoy Bruce Willis).  Interstellar because it is excellent and challenging, and Avatar because it is fun and psycedelish.  The Matrix, mostly because of  Lawrence Fishburne in black leather, but also because of the concept of human batteries.  Dr. Who is hillarious and the latest doctor, Peter Carpali, is a rock star. Torchwood and  Fringe I would also totally recomend.   Most Jet Li movies and old David Lynch is great, not to forget this movie called Suna no Onna (Woman in the Dunes, 1964) by Hiroshi Teshigahara just because the story is unique and the atmosphere so strange and strangling. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

Doe Scala

Started by JD Aliix in THE STORY OF XUPRA. Last reply by Doe scala 21 hours ago. 87 Replies

This is Doe Scala's Xupra Session posting area.Continue

OUR NEWEST ABS GRADUATE - KARA BONIECKA

Started by JD Aliix in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by Kara Boniecka on Monday. 17 Replies

Kara Boniecka has recently graduated the ABS program by visiting Xupra. Her second session is a thing of awesome beauty, with wonderful teachings.Congratulations, Kara. Give her a shout out!Continue

Ormus

Started by Dennis Castoral in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by Dennis Castoral May 16. 8 Replies

Hi, I am new here and also to ormus. I am looking for feedback as I am on my 3rd bottle and am taking WPG at the moment. I do feel the energetic difference though i guess i need it to "build up" a…Continue

Testimonials and Results of the alchemy

Started by Street Poet in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by George M. Lewis, M.D. May 16. 437 Replies

We want to hear your experiences with the alchemy! Please, post your testimonial with everyone and don't be shy!We’ve all been at the edge of that pivotal moment before delving into the wonder that…Continue

Tags: metamorphosis, testimonials, genome, density, 4th

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2018   Created by JD Aliix.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service