Movies/TV that rocked your world and enriched your life?

I am starting a discussion right here centered around the medium of movies!

Please share here in this thread the films that really rocked you to your core or shifted your perception. I am not talking about the guilty pleasure movies that are fun to watch and kinda empty!  I am talking about the deep, the philosophical, the gorgeous, caused you to think, moved you to tears, I hesitate to use this buzzword but okay the spiritual food that nourished you?

Maybe it was a mind bender? Maybe it helped you understand some deep stuff about TRUTH? 

Maybe it flipped your polarity or caused you to discover something new- a life path etc?

It could be any genre- it just has to have impact!

Movies and books are wonderful mediums for understanding and higher understanding.

Also, I am really just looking for great stories to watch! 

My latest list:

Mr. Nobody WOW! WOW! WOW!                    

The Tall Man (really good twists and turns, suspenseful- leaves you questioning dualistic meaning)

The Lego Movie. No joke amazing.   SO many many levels of understanding in this one                   

Triangle ( mind bender) - the one with Melissa George

The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain - (shows the beauty of people pulling together)

I've Heard the Mermaids Singing - (about living truth and the pointlessness of judgment)

Kumare- transcendent - yanks the masks off of the many many gurus out there

War Dance- Really good documentary. Beautifully done. 

Oblivion (watched it a bunch) Service to others anyone? And a beautiful depiction of engineered reality.

These destroyed me in the best possible way:

Never Let Me Go- (attachment, humanity, mortality

The Bridges of Madison County ( I really thought it was some chick flick and it is but it left me crying for an hour with its power!

The Best Offer - mysterious, intriguing, powerful, surprising

Another Earth - The emotional impact was exceptional and left me breathless in every way. 

Ready set go! Be sure to include spoiler warnings if you are gonna go there. Also please talk about why/how this film did what it did but consider someone might want to watch it first! Thank you. 

Views: 1946

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Jason for this additional information.  Although I have not been in touch with my vast-past lives, I am sure I have not always walked the path of the "saint-ish" styled individual.  One day soon I would like to recover some of these memories, the ones which would help guide me, those (good/bad they are all equal) A issues has come up in my family with my only brother.  He and I were in the conflict in Vietnam.  My brother was exposed to chemicals while on duty in South Korea in 1965/66 in that time frame, as an electronic Tech.  While I was stationed on an aircraft carrier CVS 10 The Yorktown Anti Submarine squadron.  Anyway, the VA has diagnosed my brother with early states of ALS and have given him a 5 to 7 year span.  The VA freely is admitting to the contamination to a group of military members.  i am not sure what if any kind of contaminants I may have been exposed to while on duty stations in many ports of call. 

So this is one area which I have been searching help for my brother and many others now in this problem health area.  The second area of my searching has to do with these "tones" which resonate throughout my day/night.  These tones have a bandwidth which is quite large; meaning it occupies 80% of my (ability to track the "volume") head cavity.  There is no pain or discomfort associated with this.  Meditation creates a larger bandwidth.  I actually use this tone as a meditation tool. The volume of the tones is louder than what I would use for head phone volume ... My drive regarding these tones is I want to be able to communicate with whom ever could be sending this through to me.  I do not feel that this is at all a random event. So I want to do everything in my power to take full advantage of this golden opportunity. I feel as though this is a doorway to open and explore what is behind this.  Oh these tones came to me around 1998 to 2001 somewhere in that timeline.  Nothing extraordinary comes to mind as a possible trigger.  I was a mediator back in that timeline.  So these are the most incredible of what I am seeking at this timeline.       

Hi, Michael. Let's see if we can come up with a few things here. I've put questions/comments below preceded by >>.

Michael McKinney said:

Thanks Jason for this additional information.  Although I have not been in touch with my vast-past lives, I am sure I have not always walked the path of the "saint-ish" styled individual.  One day soon I would like to recover some of these memories, the ones which would help guide me, those (good/bad they are all equal)

>> Why do you want to explore past lives? Or maybe the question is "why do you think they would help guide you now? I ask because a) they didn't really happen, and b) you're probably completely clear of them. Being completely clear of them is an indication that you can't be MISguided by them, because that's precisely what those distortions do.

A issues has come up in my family with my only brother.  He and I were in the conflict in Vietnam.  My brother was exposed to chemicals while on duty in South Korea in 1965/66 in that time frame, as an electronic Tech.  While I was stationed on an aircraft carrier CVS 10 The Yorktown Anti Submarine squadron.  Anyway, the VA has diagnosed my brother with early states of ALS and have given him a 5 to 7 year span.  The VA freely is admitting to the contamination to a group of military members.  i am not sure what if any kind of contaminants I may have been exposed to while on duty stations in many ports of call. So this is one area which I have been searching help for my brother and many others now in this problem health area.

>> The first thing to do is to understand your brother's choices are none of your business, unless he asks you to make his choices your business. If that is the case, then the second thing to understand is that he has made his choices for processes of experience that are specific to his visit here in this world. So, one way or another you should try to find out if helping him solve this condition is actually an interference, despite what he believes to be true. If it's not an interference, then there's no question he can be helped with it. If it's you to do the helping, then all that needs to be known is how much he is willing to accept. If he goes the mainstream route for this, the only thing you can do is comfort him, which is possibly the only legitimate service any of us can provide to anybody. 

The second area of my searching has to do with these "tones" which resonate throughout my day/night.  These tones have a bandwidth which is quite large; meaning it occupies 80% of my (ability to track the "volume") head cavity.  There is no pain or discomfort associated with this.  Meditation creates a larger bandwidth.  I actually use this tone as a meditation tool. The volume of the tones is louder than what I would use for head phone volume ... My drive regarding these tones is I want to be able to communicate with whom ever could be sending this through to me.

>> First thing I need to know is if this is the ear-ringing virtually everybody in our group experiences? I myself can close my eyes, listen, and isolate anywhere between 3 and 7 tones. If so, they are the frequencies Earth is being bombarded with to effect the objectives of clearing and moving into a higher density. I was once told they're the sounds of creation creating itself. If, however, your tones are different, and originate from a unique source, then your question would have to be "how do I communicate BACK to them? Because whatever it is, the tones are its mode of communication, so its/they are already communicating with you. Were I you, I would listen with my feelings and see if the feelings can be translated. 

>> Are you driven to figure these tones out? Are you sure they're not what we're all hearing? Or is this just a curiosity for which you would like to dive in and find answers?

>> There is a religious organization called Summum. They're based here in SLC. They have a beautiful pyramid, big enough for twenty people to sit in and meditate. I've been with them a few times. The founder, who went by Corky (I think he's recently passed), because of the wines they make according to ancient Egyptian principles, used in-head tones to meditate. In the early '80s, he was experiencing the tones. Deciding to listen to them, they became a meditation. One day, they took over, got louder, and he found himself standing in an entirely different world on a less dense plane. Although this part of his account is now missing, you can look into them at this link:

https://www.summum.us/about/welcome.shtml

>> There might be something there for you. Maybe you can get someone there to point you to Corky's whole story. It was fascinating. Since I know him personally, I give some credence to his account, although the book "Summum: Sealed Except to the Open Mind," is just a remake of the "Kybalion," which left me wondering why they presented their knowledge as unique. The "Kybalion" is basically a primer to understand energy and the workings of manifestational processes. It's what would have been taught at, say, the school Jesus studied at in Qumran. For me, I believe I could learn more from the leaves of a tree on a hike, which I would actually enjoy FAR more than muddling through that antiquated mumbo-jumbo.

>> If everyone would just stop chasing and instead start listening, I think all questions would answer themselves..

Can you expand on that last bit, Jason? It’s pretty self explanatory but I just want to hear more about it.

The part about stop chasing and start listening

Wheat network can you view these movies, most of them are not on Nexflix.  Any other suggestion?

many thanks

Phyllis

Hi Phyllis,

So do you have netflix as a DVD mail service? They would probably have a ton of them on that library. I am not sure if you have access to amazon.com as a network but you can rent movies and watch them online if you make an account. It's not an monthly charge like Netflix but charges for rental per movie.

I have a Roku player built into my television which has all of these apps like amazon that I can use that lists, all the major networks like HBO and Netflix and  ( but I have to pay for them) or have an account with them)  but I have watched movies on my computer through amazon's movie rental.  I would imagine you could also get some of these through red box? It's a video rental program that they have in the US. They basically have these stations for DVD rental through grocery stores. Not sure if you are in the US or not. The internet has pretty much wiped out video stores has it not? Anyone else have a method? 

Thanks,

Mary

First off I want to be clear in saying that I don't consider Michael a chaser of any kind. I just know that this seeking thing has become a booming cottage industry, is its own form of addiction, and none of it is necessary. And 95% of everything out there is just a crock, be it channeled, stories of Anunnaki, DNA activation, crystal grids, archangels, fifth dimensional lightbodies, and the list goes on and on and on.

So, it's really just what it says in 'The Simple Truth,' that you are already what you think you're headed towards, and it's just a matter of accepting it, owning, and living it. What keeps everybody from finding what they're looking for is the chase itself. Higher stuff can't get through to us when we're chasing what we think we should be, when all we have to do is be what we are. If we stop and listen with all our being, everything we need is in the symbols used by All That Is to message us.

Calvin said:

Can you expand on that last bit, Jason? It’s pretty self explanatory but I just want to hear more about it.

The part about stop chasing and start listening

Hi Mary,

thanks for all the suggestions, I reactivated Netflix subscription, to see if I could watch any of the suggested movies, and surprised they have only had one or two. Will check out Amazon.com, and red box. 

Warm regards

phyllis 

Mary Betts said:

Hi Phyllis,

So do you have netflix as a DVD mail service? They would probably have a ton of them on that library. I am not sure if you have access to amazon.com as a network but you can rent movies and watch them online if you make an account. It's not an monthly charge like Netflix but charges for rental per movie.

I have a Roku player built into my television which has all of these apps like amazon that I can use that lists, all the major networks like HBO and Netflix and  ( but I have to pay for them) or have an account with them)  but I have watched movies on my computer through amazon's movie rental.  I would imagine you could also get some of these through red box? It's a video rental program that they have in the US. They basically have these stations for DVD rental through grocery stores. Not sure if you are in the US or not. The internet has pretty much wiped out video stores has it not? Anyone else have a method? 

Thanks,

Mary

“The state of being you are after is to be free of thinking altogether, except of course when it is necessary to think for any purpose or task. If you're flowing with the Mind of the Infinite, the only thing you really need to be doing is listening.”

Hi, Jason. I used the >>> for my response
Hi, Michael. Let's see if we can come up with a few things here. I've put questions/comments below preceded by >>. 

Michael McKinney said:
Thanks Jason for this additional information.  Although I have not been in touch with my vast-past lives, I am sure I have not always walked the path of the "saint-ish" styled individual.  One day soon I would like to recover some of these memories, the ones which would help guide me, those (good/bad they are all equal)
>> Why do you want to explore past lives? Or maybe the question is "why do you think they would help guide you now? I ask because a) they didn't really happen, and b) you're probably completely clear of them. Being completely clear of them is an indication that you can't be MISguided by them, because that's precisely what those distortions do.
>>> Past lives were a thought about how the current version of Michael as it is today; strictly a comparison for the physical self to ponder. All of my past experiences have helped to form what I am at this union.
A issues has come up in my family with my only brother.  He and I were in the conflict in Vietnam.  My brother was exposed to chemicals while on duty in South Korea in 1965/66 in that time frame, as an electronic Tech.  While I was stationed on an aircraft carrier CVS 10 The Yorktown Anti Submarine squadron.  Anyway, the VA has diagnosed my brother with early states of ALS and have given him a 5 to 7 year span.  The VA freely is admitting to the contamination to a group of military members.  i am not sure what if any kind of contaminants I may have been exposed to while on duty stations in many ports of call. So this is one area which I have been searching help for my brother and many others now in this problem health area.
>> The first thing to do is to understand your brother's choices are none of your business, unless he asks you to make his choices your business. If that is the case, then the second thing to understand is that he has made his choices for processes of experience that are specific to his visit here in this world. So, one way or another you should try to find out if helping him solve this condition is actually an interference, despite what he believes to be true. If it's not an interference, then there's no question he can be helped with it. If it's you to do the helping, then all that needs to be known is how much he is willing to accept. If he goes the mainstream route for this, the only thing you can do is comfort him, which is possibly the only legitimate service any of us can provide to anybody. 
>>> Point well taken about none of my concern. Both my brother and I do understand that all of this which is seen and experienced has all been planned out prior to arrival. We both have been in touch with this for some- time. I at the time of my communication to you regarding his condition was looking into ORMUS which is sold here and would help him through his process. I actually stay away from offering much to people unless asked for my help. I do refer people to others with more background if desired. So my brother knows that what is, is what is to be; its planned out.
The second area of my searching has to do with these "tones" which resonate throughout my day/night.  These tones have a bandwidth which is quite large; meaning it occupies 80% of my (ability to track the "volume") head cavity.  There is no pain or discomfort associated with this.  Meditation creates a larger bandwidth.  I actually use this tone as a meditation tool. The volume of the tones is louder than what I would use for head phone volume ... My drive regarding these tones is I want to be able to communicate with whom ever could be sending this through to me.
>> First thing I need to know is if this is the ear-ringing virtually everybody in our group experiences? I myself can close my eyes, listen, and isolate anywhere between 3 and 7 tones. If so, they are the frequencies Earth is being bombarded with to effect the objectives of clearing and moving into a higher density. I was once told they're the sounds of creation creating itself. If, however, your tones are different, and originate from a unique source, then your question would have to be "how do I communicate BACK to them? Because whatever it is, the tones are its mode of communication, so its/they are already communicating with you. Were I you, I would listen with my feelings and see if the feelings can be translated. 
>>> These Tones are more of a curiosity as they have been with me for such a long time. I have searched out many ways of a communication back to the source with no avail. I know that they (the tones) in no way will have any outcome in the harvest at the appointed time.
>> Are you driven to figure these tones out? Are you sure they're not what we're all hearing? Or is this just a curiosity for which you would like to dive in and find answers?
>>> Admittedly, I have always been driven to find answers to questions or normalities that I find in nature. I am also impassioned with being of service to others even if I am merely standing in one stop sending energy out
>> There is a religious organization called Summum. They're based here in SLC. They have a beautiful pyramid, big enough for twenty people to sit in and meditate. I've been with them a few times. The founder, who went by Corky (I think he's recently passed), because of the wines they make according to ancient Egyptian principles, used in-head tones to meditate. In the early '80s, he was experiencing the tones. Deciding to listen to them, they became a meditation. One day, they took over, got louder, and he found himself standing in an entirely different world on a less dense plane. Although this part of his account is now missing, you can look into them at this link:
>>> I have no inclination to take on another study. I am currently spending as much of my unoccupied time on understanding this version of Michael and how he may better serve himself.
https://www.summum.us/about/welcome.shtml
>> There might be something there for you. Maybe you can get someone there to point you to Corky's whole story. It was fascinating. Since I know him personally, I give some credence to his account, although the book "Summum: Sealed Except to the Open Mind," is just a remake of the "Kybalion," which left me wondering why they presented their knowledge as unique. The "Kybalion" is basically a primer to understand energy and the workings of manifestational processes. It's what would have been taught at, say, the school Jesus studied at in Qumran. For me, I believe I could learn more from the leaves of a tree on a hike, which I would actually enjoy FAR more than muddling through that antiquated mumbo-jumbo.
>> If everyone would just stop chasing and instead start listening, I think all questions would answer themselves..
>>> Yes, I do agree about listening to ones self. I, for one have a few blocks which are holding back some information which I would like to yet understand. Looking back, even this year 2017. I had many issues brought up for me to understand and dissolve. It is I that is the change, which I will become. I continue with our group challenge to stay in a higher frequency for as long as possible.
>>> I do not in anyway take any comments said about me in any negative tone. I am here at this sight to be apart of a much great understanding and contribute where I can. Grow at all times. Namaste and be well

A Single Man

Hi guys. 

A lot of great stuff has already been covered, but here are a couple of more gems.

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus – A greatly underappreciated piece of work, and the last role of Heath Ledger, as he passed away during the filming (they solved that in an ingenious way, and the story behind that is also cool) Anyway. this movie has always fascinated me, but it seems it has gone unnoticed by the masses. I think most of you would definitely appreciate it though.

The invention of lying – Maybe not as epic, but certainly a fun and original film. Well worth a watch.

Being John Malcovich – Very strange, interesting and maybe ahead of its "time".

TV:

Äkta människor (Real Humans) – A Swedish series (you can get EN subs) about an alternative timeline where human-like robots are an everyday commodity (like a smart phones). Can easily rival Hollywood series of the genre.

Happy watching!

Koe no Katachi; The Shape of Voice; A Silent Voice: The Movie; 聲の形

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

Doe Scala

Started by JD Aliix in THE STORY OF XUPRA. Last reply by Doe scala 21 hours ago. 87 Replies

This is Doe Scala's Xupra Session posting area.Continue

OUR NEWEST ABS GRADUATE - KARA BONIECKA

Started by JD Aliix in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by Kara Boniecka on Monday. 17 Replies

Kara Boniecka has recently graduated the ABS program by visiting Xupra. Her second session is a thing of awesome beauty, with wonderful teachings.Congratulations, Kara. Give her a shout out!Continue

Ormus

Started by Dennis Castoral in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by Dennis Castoral May 16. 8 Replies

Hi, I am new here and also to ormus. I am looking for feedback as I am on my 3rd bottle and am taking WPG at the moment. I do feel the energetic difference though i guess i need it to "build up" a…Continue

Testimonials and Results of the alchemy

Started by Street Poet in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by George M. Lewis, M.D. May 16. 437 Replies

We want to hear your experiences with the alchemy! Please, post your testimonial with everyone and don't be shy!We’ve all been at the edge of that pivotal moment before delving into the wonder that…Continue

Tags: metamorphosis, testimonials, genome, density, 4th

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2018   Created by JD Aliix.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service