We're in the latter stages of design of an online web application that will program everything. It's going to be very powerful. It's called Imagi. These are the two themes I'm deciding between. I'd like some input. Which do you like? The light one, or the dark one? I give two examples of how it will look, one of which has the app functions in the view, the other just what text would look like.

Click it for the full-sized version. Thanks for your input.

Views: 244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've increased the opacity of the background in this one, which caused the little icons to stand out. 

Nancy, how does that look? Does it give an upvote to the darker one?

Patricia, Mary's question above is in reference to much lighter backgrounds to all text. In short, there will be no text set against the black. I don't know if you noticed that in the dark version above, but the modified one is here again.

Hi Jason and Mary, they are both really striking and I have a weird thing with certain prints and colours and with what I was looking at in both made my eye feel more comfortable with the shades of the lighter one but looking at the image you have in this my eye feels better looking at this.  I would still work with either regardless. Thank you for checking in with me again

Yes, that looks much better and I change my vote to the darker one.  Thanks!

JD Aliix said:

I've increased the opacity of the background in this one, which caused the little icons to stand out. 

Patricia, Mary's question above is in reference to much lighter backgrounds to all text. In short, there will be no text set against the black. I don't know if you noticed that in the dark version above, but the modified one is here again.

I am voting for the first one meaning the lighter one.  I find  that it holds my focus way longer. I don't have any eye problems  but I find that I am working way too hard.  In terms of aesthetics I find that both are visually striking but I am more drawn to the lighter one.

I most definitely stick to the white one more. But the dark rectangle is too "there" and " definite" against the white background. I agree that the border should fade into the white background in some type of way.

This black one is nice too though. Maybe enlarge the icons or situate them evenly in the space they are in. Maybe even put a brighter border around each one to even things out more and make them pop.

JD Aliix said:

For me it depends on the intended use. From a straight visual appeal, the lighter one feels better to me...if I was using it to click to another page or to expand a certain symbol. The symbols on the top and left are easier to see.

However, if the intended use is a Sunspace/visualization/meditation tool, the darker one is more appealing. It feels deeper and richer...as if I can transport directly into a portal from the page. 

the lighter one is more appealing.

Dark

JD Aliix said:

I'll tell what I like about the dark one, which the light one exhibits/feels like to some extent. It has a tribal feel, jungle, palm frond, wooden mask...that sort of thing. Because of the blend of "organic-inorganic," it's like future tribal. I LOVE how black makes everything pop, and obviously it couldn't be done unless you put something light behind all the text, which we'd do.

Thanks for the input. Anybody else, please?

Dark all the way! the light one is abrasive on my eyes in low light.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

Testimonials and Results of the alchemy

Started by Street Poet in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by Terry Jackson 8 hours ago. 452 Replies

We want to hear your experiences with the alchemy! Please, post your testimonial with everyone and don't be shy!We’ve all been at the edge of that pivotal moment before delving into the wonder that…Continue

Tags: metamorphosis, testimonials, genome, density, 4th

the soul of god

Started by marco hagenaars in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by Street Poet 14 hours ago. 1 Reply

ultimately the holy land attrackts powers....like KING OF THE SUN.these powers are distributed to my body and soul.1 god = 1 million gods.becouse god has powers in his soul enabling god to become a…Continue

Tags: god, of, soul

IMAGI - Our Online Manifestation Engine

Started by JD Aliix in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by JD Aliix Jun 18. 3 Replies

We're respectfully requesting beta testers for Imagi, an online web application we've just finished building. It's embedded within a new and excellent social network. Imagi is designed to program…Continue

~~MUSIC SHARING THREAD~~

Started by Calvin in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by Calvin Jun 12. 49 Replies

Music is so importanthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyoYf7rZVGII wonder what sort of soundtrack JD Aliix's movie/series would have?I wonder…Continue

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2019   Created by JD Aliix.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service