Movies/TV that rocked your world and enriched your life?

I am starting a discussion right here centered around the medium of movies!

Please share here in this thread the films that really rocked you to your core or shifted your perception. I am not talking about the guilty pleasure movies that are fun to watch and kinda empty!  I am talking about the deep, the philosophical, the gorgeous, caused you to think, moved you to tears, I hesitate to use this buzzword but okay the spiritual food that nourished you?

Maybe it was a mind bender? Maybe it helped you understand some deep stuff about TRUTH? 

Maybe it flipped your polarity or caused you to discover something new- a life path etc?

It could be any genre- it just has to have impact!

Movies and books are wonderful mediums for understanding and higher understanding.

Also, I am really just looking for great stories to watch! 

My latest list:

Mr. Nobody WOW! WOW! WOW!                    

The Tall Man (really good twists and turns, suspenseful- leaves you questioning dualistic meaning)

The Lego Movie. No joke amazing.   SO many many levels of understanding in this one                   

Triangle ( mind bender) - the one with Melissa George

The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain - (shows the beauty of people pulling together)

I've Heard the Mermaids Singing - (about living truth and the pointlessness of judgment)

Kumare- transcendent - yanks the masks off of the many many gurus out there

War Dance- Really good documentary. Beautifully done. 

Oblivion (watched it a bunch) Service to others anyone? And a beautiful depiction of engineered reality.

These destroyed me in the best possible way:

Never Let Me Go- (attachment, humanity, mortality

The Bridges of Madison County ( I really thought it was some chick flick and it is but it left me crying for an hour with its power!

The Best Offer - mysterious, intriguing, powerful, surprising

Another Earth - The emotional impact was exceptional and left me breathless in every way. 

Ready set go! Be sure to include spoiler warnings if you are gonna go there. Also please talk about why/how this film did what it did but consider someone might want to watch it first! Thank you. 

Views: 2083

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To Each His Own - Chotto Ima Kara Shigoto Wo Yametekuru

Just a quick post...

In terms of films that have impacted me, the one film that sprung to mind immediately was The Trojan Women, 1971 starring Katherine Hepburn and Vanessa Redgrave.  I watched it in the 80's and at that time there were parts where I was sobbing almost uncontrollably, but I absolutely had to see it to the end no matter how uncomfortable.  This is a film depicting women's perspective of conflict.  The ultimate anti-war drama, based on Euripides' play.  I became a career Army officer, and being a woman have always been sensitive to women's experiences of war.

Here is the link on vimeo if you can stomach it: https://vimeo.com/153527241

Wow, that is really all about the sound.

Ready player one, was solid fun.

That movie could be summed up this way. VR is fun to play in, with pretend consequences, but the real world is the really real world, kids, so just remember that in the end you can't have the cutie sitting in your real lap, giving you a real kiss, in VR. 

Street Poet said:

Ready player one, was solid fun.

I really enjoy  Counterpart. this series should available on Netflix soon.

"Howard Silk is a lowly cog in a United Nations spy agency when he discovers that his organization safeguards a crossing into a parallel dimension. Thrust into a shadow world of danger and double cross, the only man he can trust is his near-identical counterpart from this parallel world."

That one does look fun. There is so much good TV it's incredible. I hope the movie studios figure it out and follow suit. The trivial dreck they continue to churn out is remarkable, but then, it's really just a commentary on the public that laps it up. Even though we haven't started, The Terror looks like it'll be a gas.

TV:

Godless - an exceptional Western

Taboo - astonishingly well-written and produced supernatural period piece

Electric Dreams - based on Phillip K. Dick short stories, mind-benders

Dark - a very good German supernatural series

Movies (a few little known titles):

Only Lovers Left Alive - a droll and brilliant vampire tale (for the record, I'm sick to death of vamps and zombies, but this one was just plain brilliant)

Faults - a very good, twisting, incisive, facetious, low-budget piece on deprogramming people from cults

Mr. Nobody - in my opinion, one of the best 20 movies in history and an excellent mindbender

The Sweet Hereafter - understated work of staggering interpersonal genius, deft, delicate, powerful

Theo said:

I really enjoy  Counterpart. this series should available on Netflix soon.

"Howard Silk is a lowly cog in a United Nations spy agency when he discovers that his organization safeguards a crossing into a parallel dimension. Thrust into a shadow world of danger and double cross, the only man he can trust is his near-identical counterpart from this parallel world."

If you just want to have a positive boost and feel reminded that the world can actually be amazing. Go to this reddit and read away!

https://www.reddit.com/r/HumansBeingBros/

I love the website Mary, thanks for sharing!  Here's another story I saw on my local news station the other night -- it really made me smile.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/watch-this-8-year-old-bo...

Derren Brown’s “The Push” is an enlightening tale of how to use human behavioral exploits in order to select a ‘Manchurian Candidate’ for your next 'False Flag' attack. It might also help you realize the ways in which you can be exploited and help prevent you from experiencing that Lee Harvey Oswald look of shock and betrayal. Fun for the whole family!

Derren Brown is so cool! I will have to check that out. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

General Questions

Started by JD Aliix in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by JD Aliix 4 hours ago. 561 Replies

This thread is for any questions you have about anything we're doing.Continue

Tags: faq, questions, general

Valid Standards

Started by Calvin in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS 6 hours ago. 0 Replies

Hey everyone, tired of me yet? I hope not, and I hope I'm not triggering anyone, but I think it's worth the risk here.I went to Utah to meet with JD Aliix and many others for a Star Party in 2009. I…Continue

Carolyn Tomlinson

Started by JD Aliix in THE STORY OF XUPRA. Last reply by Carolyn Tomlinson 23 hours ago. 9 Replies

This is Carolyn Tomlinson's Adept Session posting area, which will mostly be sessions to Xupra.Continue

Beyond Buddha: Suffering, Morality, Liberación

Started by Calvin in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by Calvin yesterday. 9 Replies

Have you ever tried to tell yourself “it’s not real” in your inner voice?I should probably be careful about sharing this, but, whatever, I’m a reckless monk. Have all the secrets all the time.it’s…Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2018   Created by JD Aliix.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service