Book recommendations??? This period in time has me feeling listless, lost and basically ungrounded. There is nothing like a good book to ignite a spark of interest or a much needed escape when nothing else (meditating, walking, working, yoga, etc.) seems to help.  Thank you!

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What type of book are you looking for?

Fiction, non-fiction? all of the above?

Fiction. Something fun, time travel, other worlds, spiritual theme. I read non-fiction all the time. With this break, I would have the time and attention span to get through a novel. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1286268.Winged_Pharaoh

Try this in case you haven't read it already!

I loved it, triggered a lot of memories too!

Its kinda fiction but it also kinda isn't 

The Superbeings website!

Anything by M.G. Hawking (who is a member here by the way): https://thesuperbeings.net/profiles/blogs/excerpts-from-encounters-...

Did you ever read these? All huge books or series. Perfect for month-long read-fests.

Clan of the Cave Bear - Jean Auel - the whole series was possibly the most absorbing series I've ever read

The Journeyer - Gary Jennings - insanely engrossing account of Marco Polo, and so powerful

Dune - Frank Herbert - seminal science fiction, and the series is amazing

The House on the Strand - Daphne du Maurier - time travel in the British heathers

Taipan - James Clavell - I finished it, turned to page one, and started it again...couldn't live without it

Shogun - James Clavell - This ran a very close second to Taipan

The Count of Monte Cristo -Alexander Dumas - this may be 19th century, but WOW is it good

Aztec - Gary Jennings - the fall of the Aztec Empire - it left my friend emotionally devastated for months

2001: A Space Odyssey - Arthur C. Clarke - an early disclosure story and an important one

2010: Odyssey Two - Arthur C. Clarke

2061: - Odyssey Three - Arthur C. Clarke

Les Miserables - Victor Hugo - the abridged version is one of the best reading experiences I've ever had

The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Victor Hugo - the abridged version is incredible

Pretty much anything by Michael Crichton - they're all techy and science-y and fun

I've read hundreds of books. I'll see if I can think of some others.

Ginnig said:

Fiction. Something fun, time travel, other worlds, spiritual theme. I read non-fiction all the time. With this break, I would have the time and attention span to get through a novel. 

I love this resource for books.

Here is a 50 books to change your life kind of list. 

https://www.goodreads.com/list/user_vote/905407

WOW! Thank you. I will absolutely find enough reading for this virus time frame and the next!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Forum

COVID19 - CORONAVIRUS

Started by JD Aliix in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by Jakub Faist 40 minutes ago. 225 Replies

You guys know us. You know the last thing in the world we want to do is add to the fear. The second-to-last thing we want to do is be exploitative OF those fears. So, please know that's not what…Continue

Tags: #colloidalsilver, #monatomicsilver, #ionicsilver, #coronavirus, #covid

Temple of the White Fountain Experiences

Started by Molly Helene in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by Molly Helene 15 hours ago. 10 Replies

We invite you to share your experiences journeying to, from and within the…Continue

Annoying Question of The Week

Started by Street Poet in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by Street Poet 19 hours ago. 302 Replies

I admire people who tell it like it is. So don't tell me what I want to hear. You're already such immensely great liars, you'd do yourself a disservice to merely parrot back what you think the…Continue

EVENT HORIZON

Started by JD Aliix in GENERAL DISCUSSIONS. Last reply by Jong Choi yesterday. 23 Replies

The event horizon I've been feeling-seeing for a few years is not what I expected it to be. So here's what it is, guys and gals. It's the coming quantum internet as discussed by Austin Steinbart.…Continue

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2020   Created by JD Aliix.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service